Black Spell Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Spell Academy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» If Anyone Sees This...
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:42 pm

» I'm kinda Back,
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

» Affiliation With AKA!
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Fujiwara Shinji Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (4)
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (3)
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (2)
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

» Yugioh video of the week !
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

» I'm back guys
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Why so serious ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

» Korean exclusive ftw
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeby Why so serious ? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 am

Most Viewed Topics
Results for {HeartlessX} Volpe
one lil' joke :< (and many moar (-b^_^)-b )
Affiliation With AKA!
Testing Rubric
Some people I swear... (to Lryu and Luna)
If Anyone Sees This...
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )
The Admins
State of The Academy
Main Shop(Spend Points)
If Anyone Sees This...
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 6:42 pm by Lryuzaki13
Heh

Comments: 0
Affiliation With AKA!
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm by Lryuzaki13
Affiliation With AKA
Hello, after speaking with the 3 owners of Alpha Knight Academy, they have agreed to affiliate with us. Hopefully, this will mean we can get more members and people who can test, meaning more recruitment can take place, etc.. I wish them the best of luck, and I look forward to a prosperous partnership.

Comments: 8
I'm back guys
Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm by Why so serious ?
Sorry guys I haven't been there in "ages" but I'm back. Well kinda.
I might try to post a fun stuff within the next few days.
Also, can't wait for necloths and spirit beasts ^^
Also school starts soon for me and when it does I won't have much time at all. I could be on like one day a week. Still better than nothing like the past few days I guess.

Comments: 0
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:01 am

Burning abyss rant and deck recipe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Why so serious ?
Admin
Why so serious ?

Burning abyss rant and deck recipe Empty
PostSubject: Burning abyss rant and deck recipe   Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 am

So I tried burning abyss, the new upcoming TCG exclusive archetype. The deck is so cool (and oh my, the artwork is so great), and already pretty good. Obviously their self destruction effect is annoying, but you can still play alongside with it. I tested them against irdi, who played melodious and gagaga dm, and I won the three duels. I did open tour guide every time, but still, it shows the deck is functional despite that annoying effect. I also saw online duels of them beating 3-0 geargias hand.

If they get more boss monsters (Satan O_O), they are going to be really great. I heard they should get a synchro boss monster. But for now they don't have a tuner, and I'm not sure if they get one in DUEA.

The spam and the plusses are surreal (well, especially the spam), but if you don't get lucky, and don't get it soon enough, they are probably going to die on their own anyway, which kinda hinder the deck. Once against Irdi, I opened Tour guide and milled cir and detached graff with Dante. Basically I went +2 or my first turn, leaving me with a solid field of backrow and with both Dante and mechquipped.

Dante can be splashed pretty easily and pretty effectively in Lightsworn. It's a pretty good card overall. But I don't think lightsworn abyss would work, because of the self destruction effect. Just Dante, which is already kinda great I guess.

So burning abyss is a strong contender for future tier 2/3, depending on their further boss monster/s/t. For the moment, they don't have an archetype exclusive spell, and only one archetype exclusive trap. Now, that trap seems good on paper, but really, it's not. You never get to use it in practice. Getting it off would be great, but first off, the self destruction effect, and second you need to get it off. And if you do, it's probably not going to be huge anyway. I'd say don't run it, or maybe at 1.

So all in all, burning abyss again nice free advantage, and they are triggered when being used as xyz material, which is huge with tour guide into Dante. You can basically choose an effect and mill 3, to potentially get more advantage. They can also generate rank 3 fairly easily. Fairly as in really.

Now, what monster cards do you want ?

Triple tour guide is mandatory. It's the go to card of the deck. If you open with it, you are good to go basically.

Kuribandit is a nice add-on, although your normal summon is important. But if you already have Dante (which rank 4 deck can have trouble getting over - Delteros and ouroboros basically, or gem-knight pearl, but really, who runs that ? For water decks, bahamut shark is a thing, and always, exciton if it meets the correct requirements), kuribandit can be a nice choice. Run 1 to 3.

For now, triple of each burning abyss seems pretty staple, they are a nice engine, that gains nice free advantage.

The deck kinda lacks a win condition, they will just exhaust the opponent, so adding cards like dad, bls, and even chaos sorcerer can be a nice idea. Especially wince Dante and mechquipped are light and really good targets. Don't swamp the field with them though, don't hurt your consistency.

Stuff you can also use : birdman, crane crane...

For spells now,

RUM astral force can turn Dante into pleiades, grenosaurus into volcasaurus, alucard into bram and mechquipped into tiras. Run 1 to 3, depending on your build.

Supply squad can be interesting with the self destruction effect. Run 1 to 2 I'd say.

You can try soul charge, it probably works, but I don't like that card, so I don't run it. It's never a bad pick though I guess. Don't swarm your deck with it though, 1 to 2 seems more than enough.

Also run 1 foolish in case you don't open with tour guide, this way you can foolish scarm and add tour guide to your hand during the end phase.

Then, run some staple stuff like dark hole, mst...

As far as traps go, they are pretty important, as the deck lacks a clear win condition, so you will try to exhaust your opponent. Run some staple traps, a good dozen. Stuff that comes to mind are fiendish chain, breakthrough skill, warning, d prison, torrential, bottomless...

For the extra deck, the better rank 3 xyz are alucard, Dante, mechquipped and zenmaines. You can also run giga-brilliant, fortune tune... Then try to run some rank 5 alongside RUM astral force. It can work greatly in your advantage.

With that, you can build your own burning abyss deck, so go ahead and punish your opponents from the deepest part of the 8th circle of hell ^^
Back to top Go down
ird19

PostSubject: Re: Burning abyss rant and deck recipe   Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:46 pm

that breakthrough cost me the game so listen to him Razz
Back to top Go down
Lryuzaki13
Admin
Lryuzaki13

PostSubject: Re: Burning abyss rant and deck recipe   Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

Burning Abyss seem interesting (and as always, Korean exclusives have lovely art). I also like the fact they're based off of Dante's Inferno, and I hope they make some more cards that are based on real-life stories and myths.
Back to top Go down
https://blackspellacademy.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning abyss rant and deck recipe   Burning abyss rant and deck recipe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burning abyss rant and deck recipe
Page 1 of 1