Black Spell Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» I'm kinda Back,
by Lryuzaki13 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

» Affiliation With AKA!
by Fujiwara Shinji Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (4)
by Lryuzaki13 Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (3)
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (2)
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

» Yugioh video of the week !
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

» I'm back guys
by Why so serious ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

» Korean exclusive ftw
by Why so serious ? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 am

» Deck building challenge #1 update
by Lryuzaki13 Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 am

Most Viewed Topics
one lil' joke :< (and many moar (-b^_^)-b )
Testing Rubric
Some people I swear... (to Lryu and Luna)
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )
State of The Academy
The Admins
Checking up on things
Main Shop(Spend Points)
I lost a bet so here i am
If you are feeling bad and need some laugh, here is something that could help :]
Affiliation With AKA!
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm by Lryuzaki13
Affiliation With AKA
Hello, after speaking with the 3 owners of Alpha Knight Academy, they have agreed to affiliate with us. Hopefully, this will mean we can get more members and people who can test, meaning more recruitment can take place, etc.. I wish them the best of luck, and I look forward to a prosperous partnership.

Comments: 8
I'm back guys
Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm by Why so serious ?
Sorry guys I haven't been there in "ages" but I'm back. Well kinda.
I might try to post a fun stuff within the next few days.
Also, can't wait for necloths and spirit beasts ^^
Also school starts soon for me and when it does I won't have much time at all. I could be on like one day a week. Still better than nothing like the past few days I guess.

Comments: 0
This time for sure (playlist and points)
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:43 am by Why so serious ?
So now we actually finally have a playlist.

The rules (which are subject to change, I still haven't talk to Lryu about it) :
-You can pay 2000 points to add a song to the playlist
-If 5 people want the same song to be removed, we'll have a vote poll in which only one of these persons can vote (anyone) and where the one who submitted the song cannot.
-If 10 or more people want the same song to be …

Comments: 0
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Share | 

Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 5:41 am

I. Introduction (the actual announcement, which is already in the title :<)
II. Unschedule "events" (welp, basically the forum being a forum)
III. Schedule events (that's where I might start to get interesting ^^)
IV. The point system (At first, didn't even plan to write about it here ^^)
V. Last message (kind of a secondary announcement, more so a general statement)

DO READ THE POINT SYSTEM SEGMENT. I ALSO MAKE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO SPEND THEM? PLEASE REPLY :]

I. Introduction

For who doesn't know me, I am wy. Or at least is that how everyone calls me, cuz, yeah, well, just look at my username :<

If you want to know my real name, well, register, and ask me on the site's chat :] But even then, wy is easier ^^

So, as you may notice, I will make a kinda "important" post right here, but it would appear as if I am not even an admin. Well, I am. Not this account though. But the "Why so serious ?" account is, and it is my secondary account. And yes, my admin account is my secondary account. Pretty easy to explain, but heh, I'll talk about that only in the chat, so register :]

Well, enough foreplay, here is the announcement : We are reviving this site :]

Hurray, right ? Not quite right now, as I am posting this though. But starting around may 15th. Not before, maybe slightly after. Basically we are waiting for at least one of the admin to have more time, and that basically means being free from school, although we might have other important stuff going on even after that, so yeah.

There are four admins, as far as I recall, me, yeah, never start with yourself, but you already knew from previously in this post, so yeah :< Then luna (Führer Lunarnox here, lunarnox on DN), ladies first ^^ Then lryu (Lryuzaki13 both here and on DN) and nitro (Nitroglycerin both here and on DN). Luna lost her password, but we will bring her back ^^

So, if you know me, you know that I like writing long ass posts. I've done my share of long ass posts, and I am not planning on stopping anytime soon :]

I think there might be one (at least) every week/every two weeks. And I am talking about one big post, that I hope will be funny and interesting enough for you. It can be about anything.

II. Unschedule "events"

But that's just me. On top of that, I will probably post decklists, especially if asked for, answer to any ruling questions you might have, maybe continue my FDH segment (funny duel highlights), but that's not sure. I used to have some funny duels, and I would take screenshots and write about the duel, in hopefully a non boring way ^^ But I don't know. These are the unschedule posts basically. It all depends on how active you are, and how lively the place will be. It's basically answering to your demands, to your questions, there might be other announcements as well. We can't plan everything, because of the sheer fact that we are humans ^^ So yeah, it will just be basic forums stuff, although the main attract to this acad has always been the chat, with luna, nitro, me and all ^^

III. Schedule events

As for the schedule posts, here is, on top of my head, what will happen :

-Riddles. With Lryu and Nitro, we made a few yugioh riddles, where we talk stylishly about a card, and you have to guess which card it is. I think we might post one, once a week, and you would have to guess, and we will make it a first to guess wins, but dunno how we plan to exactly do it, as if you answer directly to the post, it would spoil the answer if you guessed right. We might also just give points to everyone that finds out, with a bit more to the first (more on points further in the post). So we will figure it out, and it would probably not be before the three of us are active, or at least two of us three active enough.

-The pun/joke section. Well, it was the most viewed topic. And it was a pretty nice one ^^ I obviously started it, being the main man :< We will most likely bring it back, one way or another. It used to be daily, dunno if it will stay daily, but again, most likely. We might even organize votes for the funniest pun of the week, and whoever wins, would earn points.

-Deck building challenges. I've done it once, people actually made the deck, but that's when the acad began falling apart, and we couldn't schedule the little tourney, because of everyone having school at the time. It was a hero theme (any heroes). You either had to run only xyz, or no xyz. Obviously, it is not the way to run heroes, but each challenge has a theme. I have a few ideas, and they are definitely coming back. Either every week, or every two week, I still have to figure out how to correctly plan it. I'd like every week, but it most likely will be every two weeks.

-And the last one is only if the acad is successful enough. To be completely honest, I like it better when we have a few members, but not too many. I like it, when it feels warm, when everyone actually know each other, when it kinda feels like a little family, with the dumb brother, the tempered sister, the pervert cousin (fox), the weird attaching little brother (me Very Happy), the calm mature uncle, the crazy one... But most people will most likely want a bigger thing. As long as there is a few actually active ones, these one will be the family ^^ The other one would be the cousins we rarely see, but that would make some stuff happen nonetheless :] So the last one would be dorm tourneys. And the winner and loser of each tourney might change dorms. At least the winners, we would most likely not downgrade any poeple. Although if we do that, eventually there would be only one remaining in red. So I don't know. Maybe it will just be points to win. And the highest your dorm is, the more points you's earn I guess. This way, you would actually want to spend points for retests. I guess. But then again, when all previous three schedule posts will definitely happen, this one is still building castles in the air.

IV. The point system

a) Introduction to the point system :]

Anyway, that brings us to the points. Now, we still haven't figure out much of what points will do to you, especially that if you want a deck, I'd make it for you for free, because that's our way here ^^ When I saw on other acads that you had to pay points in order to buy decks, I was all like, where are we going ? So yeah. Still, a few ideas here : http://blackspellacademy.canadian-forum.com/t14-main-shopspend-points. Don't worry, I am not the one that wrote this post, so it is a tiny one, you can check it, and come back here right after ^^ It would only take a few seconds :<

b) How do you earn these points ? :<

Basically you earn points by registering, and logging in every day (or rather, every day you log in, you earn points). But that is not many points. You'd have to ask Lryu about it, but I think it is 10 points when you register, then 5 points a day. According to the previous post, it isn't all that much at all ^^ But as stated in many occasions in this post, there will many ways to earn those. But yeah, we have to figure out what they will do. And literally just as I am typing, I just had an idea.

c) My suggestions on how to spend them ^^

-We will make a site playlist, that would start playing every time you log in. We did that once. But this time we could sell entries. I mean, you would be able to pay, to either add or remove songs from the playlist. Heh, tell me what you think about it as a reply ^^ Well, adding songs definitely, removing them, that is yet to settle. We are not mean people :<

-Oh and another idea (welp, I'm gonna reorganize this  last paragraph, and make that the points spending suggestions ^^). You would be able to play in order to become a mod (you would have power in the chat O_O) for a day/a week, depending on how much you are willing to spend :] Obviously actual admins and mods don't care about this prize, but I think it is a fun idea :] Although, if you abuse it the wrong way, you would still have spent your points, but we would remove your mod status. You are still allowed to have fun with them, just don't be a complete jackass.

-We may or may not, allow you to spend a crazy amount of points that would allow you to change the site's banner. Or maybe still a good amount, but not as much, and you would change it for one day. We might change it anyway, for special occasions like Independence day, with a freakin MURICA banner like last year ^^ But it would obviously not last more than one day each time, obviously.

-And maybe, I would allow you to pay, in order to decide the next deck building challenge to date as you spend your points. It wouldn't disable the current one, even if it just began, but you would be able to choose the next one. But that would only be if it is successful enough.

V. Last message

That's all I got for now, I didn't plan that last segment, so yeah ^^ If you have any cool suggestions on how you would like to spend your points, just comment on this post, it would be taken in account.
And a last message, you can become actual mods/admins, first off if we have enough members (cuz 10 admins if we are 11 is kinda pointless) and second, if you prove yourself as a valuable member of this acad ^^
And if you prove your worth as a human and as a duelist (no need to be at the top of the top, but still good enough), and you wouldn't quite make the cut for being a mod, even only because there are not enough members, you may still become a tester, and test the newbies to this acad ^^ We used to have a color for testers, but then, we don't know tester's dorm, and well, it's dull. So I will just make a post where all the testers will be mentioned. If you are on the list, you are a tester. I will actually do that in the testing rubric, it'll be easier. If you are not on the list, you are not. For now, only the four admins are testers. And hope if he comes back. And fox as well if he also comes back. (they are elders, hope being our lolicon, and fox our pervert cousin ^^).

So this has been your host Andrew Sieger (this is not my actual name. Actually, I am french, and this is not even a french name. Then again, all french people don't have a name that actually sounds french, but yeah, this is not my name :< ), and I may or may not, see you next week. Basically, if you watch gamexplain and bakashift on youtube, you will understand. If not, well, might as well call me Andrew ^^ But neh, call me wy :<
/kick Wynaughtify (KFC) (< this is the reason why my admin account is my secondary account Wink)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 am

We're actually bringing this place back? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Why so serious ?
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Hell yeah we are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ab999

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Ok so I think you need to add more ways to get points. Maybe some off-topic games? Like with the riddles kind of, and to not ruin the riddles all the members have to do is PM the answer to you. With the duel tourney, if it is going to be able to change your dorm, why have re-test things available? Might as well just host that like once or twice a month. We can also have more fun topics, like what we do in our spare time and just talk about things. You could also add ranks to this academy, and rated duels to determine ones rank. And the winner would get points for winning! (As well as bragging rights for being the winner Wink ) Anyways this acad, in my opinion, could use a lot of work! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Why so serious ?
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 3:29 pm

You can already discuss about your irl stuff.
Then, dorm tourneys would probably, as I said, just give you points. And higher dorms give more points. As for the rated duels, we won't force anyone to do anything. This isn't this kind of place. And most of us are just casual players. But then again, casual players aren't necessary less good. They just don't have the same interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ab999

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Well by rated duels, I meant that the players who want to be ranked can set them up. Sorry if I left that part out, but it would be stupid if you had to do a rated duel and had no choice in the matter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<   

Back to top Go down

Announcement to everyone, both elders and newcomers, and new yet to come. Basically : we are coming back, and some stuff I am planning to do, once we are effectively back. Also, lil bit on the point system, so you may as well read that last part :<
Page 1 of 1