Black Spell Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» I'm kinda Back,
by Lryuzaki13 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

» Affiliation With AKA!
by Fujiwara Shinji Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (4)
by Lryuzaki13 Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (3)
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (2)
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

» Yugioh video of the week !
by Wynaughtify (KFC) Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

» I'm back guys
by Why so serious ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

» Korean exclusive ftw
by Why so serious ? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 am

» Deck building challenge #1 update
by Lryuzaki13 Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 am

Most Viewed Topics
one lil' joke :< (and many moar (-b^_^)-b )
Testing Rubric
Some people I swear... (to Lryu and Luna)
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )
State of The Academy
The Admins
Checking up on things
Main Shop(Spend Points)
I lost a bet so here i am
If you are feeling bad and need some laugh, here is something that could help :]
Affiliation With AKA!
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm by Lryuzaki13
Affiliation With AKA
Hello, after speaking with the 3 owners of Alpha Knight Academy, they have agreed to affiliate with us. Hopefully, this will mean we can get more members and people who can test, meaning more recruitment can take place, etc.. I wish them the best of luck, and I look forward to a prosperous partnership.

Comments: 8
I'm back guys
Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm by Why so serious ?
Sorry guys I haven't been there in "ages" but I'm back. Well kinda.
I might try to post a fun stuff within the next few days.
Also, can't wait for necloths and spirit beasts ^^
Also school starts soon for me and when it does I won't have much time at all. I could be on like one day a week. Still better than nothing like the past few days I guess.

Comments: 0
This time for sure (playlist and points)
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:43 am by Why so serious ?
So now we actually finally have a playlist.

The rules (which are subject to change, I still haven't talk to Lryu about it) :
-You can pay 2000 points to add a song to the playlist
-If 5 people want the same song to be removed, we'll have a vote poll in which only one of these persons can vote (anyone) and where the one who submitted the song cannot.
-If 10 or more people want the same song to be …

Comments: 0
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Share | 

Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hope(Loli-con)

PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:58 pm

This idea was taken from a Vanguard Site that I did banners for designed, so credits to Sol Kage for a similar idea like this (except his idea was Vanguard.)

Anyways what is an RPG?
Rocket Launcher.... No.
An RPG is a role-playing game. Some popular examples are Final Fantasy, the Tales Series, and Pokemon. Online ones would be world of Warcraft and such. The basic rule of the game is to pretty much start at with character that has a very low level, and little to no abilities. From this, you go around and battle, and gain experience points. This will let you progressively level up. As you level up you gain access to more abilities, make more money, and are able to have more freedom to mess around.

Now let's apply this to Yu-Gi-Oh.
What will happen in this RPG is that everyone will start with a certain structure deck, and a certain booster set opened to them to buy and use. They will also start with certain amount of points which will act as their currency in order to buy booster packs/trade cards they want with other players.

EXP and money will be gained through duels with other members (which will be limited to a certain amount per day), and the bigger source of this will actually be tournaments where people can enter using the decks they make in the RPG.

The Structure Decks and booster sets will probably around 5Ds which means GX and below booster boxes will be available for sale.
Sets will be unlocked as the player levels up.

As for making sure everything is fair, what cards are obtained in booster packs are determined by a number randomizer and the tournaments/RPG duels will be observed by a judge and posted by the winner saying that they won and a certain judge watched it or the loser will post the game result if there is no judge online.

Anywho these ideas are open for changes, but anyways... that's all for now.

Cuteness can destroy the human mind and turn the world into ruin.
~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Hmmm, I very like the idea. I don't know how active I could be though, with college starting soon, and me being in a completely different timezone (i need a correct sleep schedule, which means I will go to sleep when it will be around 6:00 pm for you. However, I would really like to work on such project. Though I think that cards should include up to zexal, as xyz are the thing now. But very interesting, I will work on that, and we will discuss, until, it is good to go ^^
We will make it happen !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:50 am

i choose fire kings starting deck or dark magician one

View user profile
fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:51 am

and a couple of questions what if the starting decks have banned cards in them

View user profile
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 am

We don't know if we will choose the konami's structure/starter decks in the end, we might do them ourselves. Cuz yeah, first the banned cards, and the structure decks are stupid, because everything is at one, you can't have rebound plays. Structure decks are meant tobe bought three at the same time irl, or to complete what you miss. But we'll see, it would be easier of course, but then again, no need for us to be lazy Razz
Oh and btw, you can be part of the team that will make it happen if you want ^^

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Yea I already thought about the fact that some structure decks have banned cards in them and thought about alternative cards that could be given instead of them. As for making our own, the point of starting with structure decks is because everything in them is at 1 and they'll be hard to win with. It'll put you in the same exact state of being a level 1 in a RPG game.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

how we goona work out packs i see how the points work out but the packs will be a little more challenging

View user profile
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Yeah, but the structure decks don't have extra either, so for instance the dragunity one is rendered kinda useless. Some starter decks have one or two, but not really good ones (like one have the djinns and grenosaur Razz). The banned cards aren't really an issue, but some support lacks at times though. Like the fire kings one doesn't have yaksha i think, and the atlanteans one doesn't have ny mermails to my knowledge, and I bet the agents one have either none or one only shine ball. But I see your point. The only thing is that the "best" decks (among them) are easy to find out : those with easy summonable boss, and even better, one that come back easily (*cough* dark world *cough*). Well, and fire kings as well, atlanteans at a certain degree as well. The more attack is grapha though with the field spell. But part from those three, maybe agents and one or two more, there won't be much choices left. Oh well, it is a "level 1" thing though, wasn't thinking about that. I guess you're right, I just hope it will not be all the same few decks.

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:12 pm

If it's the same few decks then we gotta accept it since people all want to start out with as much as they can get since this game forces them to play on budget. A single deck can only go so far though, so people are gonna branch off to different decks and are gonna upgrade.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Hmk. I hesitate between Dark worlds (grapha comes back easier than garunix, without all the needed support for fire kings, and it just seemed like the more consistent shot) or a more fancy one. Like Exxodd, master of the guard, the caius deck or some other random shit. But each time I considered one of those decks, that were actually viable against the other "powerful" structure deck, I was like, Exxodd stand a chance, Red-eyes stand a chance, especially with Lightpulsar for help. BUT, oh yeah... Grapha and Garunix are a thing. I was really about to choose (well, tointend to choose the exxodd structure deck), like it can stall, and it is fun. Oh wait, discard grapha and i lose. Or destroy garunix and I lose. With the boss gone, all these structure decks are dead. Grapha however comes back, as long as you can normal summon a dark world, and Garunix have fire kings circle (and I didn't look, but the deck probably has dark hole and torrent, which are broken cards against other structure decks), only Graoha can really recover from it (and Garunix, but I was meaning if you face fire kings). Dark worlds/Garunix are also easy to improve, just splash more dark world/fire kings cards, it is meant to be consistent. The other ones can't really gets faster as fast and as easy (chaos dragon at some extent could). But it's not really that there are only few decks that are viable, it's that there are too fewdecks that are, against each other obviously. Would it be that fun ? Honestly, we could maybe try and make some starter decks, which a little bit of extra (like 5 cards in extra). I understand that you should get them. Actually I think that in the actual yugioh games (at least the one I tried), you had even worse, but you were facing ai, with lame decks as well, you didn't have to chose this one, because else you would evolve this slow. The older archetypes won't even be able to evolve as quickly as the newest can. Honestly if you start with chaos dragons (which techs soe lightsworn), Dark Worlds, or Fire kings, people won't make mecha phantom beast for instance, they will first make Dark worlds, fire kings, chaos dragons and lightsworns. So even after we start evolving, there won't be much difference. It will be the same decks, only better. Then, after you have an actual dark world deck for instance, at this point you will start a new theme for your deck, thansk to the consistency for future challenges your structure that you only improved will provide. You will need to do so basically.
If you want to let us choose from the structure decks, why not just give random cards to everyone ? That's how the actual games work, you start with random cards,and your deck doesn't have an actual goal. At first it will sure be a mess, but at least it would put some variety. I say, we give each people a certain number of booster, they can choose how much of which (but for instance 8 boosters total maximum), and we start from there. If I remember correctly,that's kinda how the games worked, and even if it wasn't that, i think it would be for the best. We would make a 40 cards (or more) decks, among the 72 random ones we got. We might also get some cards for the extra, and the cards we decided to don't choose can be of use later even. For instance if we only got two hieratics, we can't make a hieratic deck. But if we want to make one later, we would already have two. At first, it would mostly be trap and spellbased, with random level 4 beater, unless we pulled somthing like a treeborn maybe, but we would actually have to start from scratch, and we wouldn't be forced to follow a certain pattern, and improve the structure deck we chose (and who knows how long it would take). I think we give like 10 boosters each, they choose which one they want, and we start from there for the cards we have.
Then again, this is how I picture it more fair and more fun. It would be an actual rpg, where we would start from scratch, with an open horizion, instead of the restricted one we would have with picking structure decks. But this is only my opinion, and if you all want to start with structure decks, I won't cause any problems. and I will listen to the majority. But really, actually starting from scratch is more fun imo :< Agree with me :] :3

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 am

Ok so instead of starting with structure decks, they start off with 8 free packs and they can choose to split the credit among any sets they want. Which sets will they start with? That'll be the question. Of course everyone will start with a certain amount of cash.

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hope(Loli-con)

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 am

Ok so Wy the idea will be that anyone can start with any set they want, but in the beginning, they will have 0 sets unlocked. They will have 5 set points which will be what they spend in order to unlock a set so they can buy it.
It'll go like...
Season 1 set = 1 point
GX set = 2 points
5Ds set = 3 points
Zexal set = 4 points

~~ etc. They post what sets they want to unlock when they start and we'll be able to open topics to take care of that needs as soon as they do. Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction   

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh RPG Introduction
Page 1 of 1