Black Spell Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Spell Academy

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» If Anyone Sees This...
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:42 pm

» I'm kinda Back,
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

» Affiliation With AKA!
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Fujiwara Shinji Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (4)
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Lryuzaki13 Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (3)
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:28 pm

» Yugioh video of the week ! (2)
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 am

» Yugioh video of the week !
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Wynaughtify (KFC) Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

» I'm back guys
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Why so serious ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

» Korean exclusive ftw
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeby Why so serious ? Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 am

Most Viewed Topics
Results for {HeartlessX} Volpe
one lil' joke :< (and many moar (-b^_^)-b )
Affiliation With AKA!
Testing Rubric
Some people I swear... (to Lryu and Luna)
If Anyone Sees This...
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )
The Admins
State of The Academy
Main Shop(Spend Points)
If Anyone Sees This...
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 6:42 pm by Lryuzaki13
Heh

Comments: 0
Affiliation With AKA!
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:31 pm by Lryuzaki13
Affiliation With AKA
Hello, after speaking with the 3 owners of Alpha Knight Academy, they have agreed to affiliate with us. Hopefully, this will mean we can get more members and people who can test, meaning more recruitment can take place, etc.. I wish them the best of luck, and I look forward to a prosperous partnership.

Comments: 8
I'm back guys
Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm by Why so serious ?
Sorry guys I haven't been there in "ages" but I'm back. Well kinda.
I might try to post a fun stuff within the next few days.
Also, can't wait for necloths and spirit beasts ^^
Also school starts soon for me and when it does I won't have much time at all. I could be on like one day a week. Still better than nothing like the past few days I guess.

Comments: 0
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:01 am

Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wynaughtify (KFC)

Wynaughtify (KFC)

Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) Empty
PostSubject: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Before we start the rant, would you be interested in a deck profile ? And if yes which one, please leave an answer so I can work on it for you :]

So here I will ramble about the tcg banlist, all the changes that have been made. I will put a sommary right below (scroll down a bit, It's kinda messy at first, the I. at least, but then it becomes very clear and not hard on the eyes :] ). But basically, I will talk about the baby dragons being banned (as well as spellbook of judgment a bit), and the harpie dancer ftk core being hit hard (straos/divine wind/birdman), and why I find that last point ridiculous and inapropriate. After talking about those, I will rant about each changes (ban, limit, semi-limit, back at three, the reasons why konami did so, and my opinion about each), card per card. The titles (ban, limit...) of these section will be in read, and the card I will talking about in green. There will also be some thoughts about the future meta decks. So I hope you will enjoy it, and read the whole post ^^

I. The babies, judgment day and he harpie dancer ftk core
II. The banned ones
III. The limited ones
IV. The semi-limited ones
V. The ones back

VI. What should have been hit and while this banlist is a love confession to bujins, has konami been careful enough ?
VII. Postface

I. The former broken tier 0 and the harpie dancer ftk core

So, on the last bsa I posted one (or maybe two, but I think only one, and this one only interest me atm, to introduce the thingy ^^) deck profile, with extended thoughts, a screenshot, the important cards, and explained how some interesting duels have gone, to see how the deck works. But with the new banlist, it is pretty much dead. I mean the way it was. If I had to do the deck again, the goal of the deck, the way to play it, everything would be really different. It was basically dracossack with lots of backrow support, somehow consistent and with grandsoil plays, situationnal rank 4 (as they are), with some splashable beaters (Doom Dozer). It wasn't bad at all, but it can't work this way anymore, with the baby dragon being banned.

Which I actually consider like agood thing overall. This way, e drags will fulfill their goal of thech cards, without them being able to be the infamous broken pure e drag deck, and also without letting other archetypes have easy access to rank 7, and thus modifying their playstyle. I'm sad that my deck is gone though, but oh well.
With them, any elemntal archetype had easy access to big eye, which hasn't been hit in tcg :/ So it is a good thing overall.
There sure is e drag plants, which still can aim for the tier 1 position, but it is not as consistent. I mean thoughout all the yugioh history, there has never been any decks, other than prophecy and e drags, that had litterally the same play with any hand, never one dead draw. This kind of consistency is just plain stupid in a card game if you ask me. That's why they were more hated than inzektors or wind-ups, when they were dominating as much. E drag and prophecy players weren't playing a card game, they were playing some rpg, where they chose their move. So the babies and spellbook judgment being hit is a good thing imo.

I was talking to Lryu, about some posts I intended to write. There was actually two I really wanted to. One of them was a decklist of the harpie dancer ftk. It was a two cards ftk. Not that consistent, and unable to top, as it dead against mst, veiler, droll and lock bird (which was sided a lot), and any traps thatprevent one summon. You litterally couldn't recycle your plays, and with one divine wind in the grave, if the play was stopped, the ftk was impossible. But then again, it was a two cards ftk, which konami obviously had to hit, which is totally understandable. Basically you can go minus three with three magical mallet/reload, if one time you have the cards you need you had game. It wasn't inconsistent per say, it was only easy to beat/side against. Konami HAD to hit it. But they hit the wrong cards in my opinion.

The core of the ftk was birdman/blastfan/stratos/harpie dancer/divine wind in the main deck. You needed divine wind at three (plus three terraforming and two mallet in my build) and either any wind monster and birdman or harpie dancer, and it was game, with at least 9900 burn damage (no need to say I was playing one upstart, since you ftk through the +1000 hp). Stratos/blastfan/birdman could be either in the deck or in your hand, it didn't matter, as you would either special summon them from the hand or from the deck (yeah, it os kinda op). So the ocg hit divine wind, putting it at one, the tcg straight up banned stratos and both limited birdman. Both format wanted to kill the harpied dancer ftk. But the question is, how did you burn ? It's easy, you sommoned Blaze fenix three times, burn at least for 3600, then 3300, then 3000. Also you filled the five monster zones of your opponent ("just in case", but it is actually needed for the burn damage to do that much), and gain up to 5000 hp. You could also have big eye/dracossack play after the 9900 burn damage is done. No need to say, even in tags, it could wreck.
But now, why am I complaining, when this ftk, although very fun to play is obvioulsy unfair ? Because stratos wasn't actually that needed in heroes (they even put and a hero lives e call back at three, because they were sorry to ban stratos - then why banning him ?), but he was the only good card to make great tornado, which is now basically dead, and also, the hero beat is much less consistent still. But the most important part is that it was the only recruiter for the other heroes, as konami never made one, as stratos was a thing. Destiny hero based deks lost a big thing. Which is a shame.
Now divine wind and birdman. I loved these two cards in many deck (they made crystal beast actually good, it is not my build, but i might link a video of the guy who built it, it is awesome). It was also awesome in harpies to have a rebound play, in mist valley to stun more. They were COMBO cards. Why hitting combo cards ? It is what the game is about imo, and I find almost disgusting to hit this kind of cards. They allowed for veteran player to use all their experience/knowledge, for the newbiest to learn the game machanics and for everyone to witness beautiful plays.
What should they have hit then you would ask me ? It's easy and it only takes two words : Blaze fenix. Without this card no burn damage, no ftk, just beautiful combos. Also maybe ancient fairy dragon at two, or else you still have your five monster zones occupied with 800 beater monsters... Plus, Blaze fenix has other ftk/otk, why not hit the card that actually deals damage, without hitting the otehr cards, thatsome decks needed or that allowed beautiful combos ? That is beyond me.

But oh well, what can we do about it ?

Now about the staples/stuff being hit.

II. The banned ones (other than the babies, judgment day and the harpie dancer ftk core)

Reborn was an amazing card. Too good actually. But if you look at yugioh's past, it came back and forth, and will continues this way. I understand that it got hit, it will come back though, and getting hit again, that's how reborn works. But honestly, getting back  any monsters (apart from nomi or non correct summoned semi-nomi of course) from ANY grave. dark hole + reborn was huge. Reborning after you got warninged was huge (2000 hp for nothing much ?). Really, it is understandable, and again, it will come back (and forth).

Solemn judgment. I was actually game changing. You never used it whenever you felt like, but it could stop crucial plays and literraly stops the opponent and let him in a bad spot, when he had the advantage, or it could just preserve yours. It also let you go for your bog pushes withtout fearing anything, especially against one backrow. Then again, I don't understan why it was hit. It was good at one imo. The cost is still huge, but not too huge for what it let you do. I will miss it and don't really understand its ban, but it's not that bad either.

Card destruction. Hmmm I have mixed feelings about this one. It wasn't meant to hit dark workd, which lost one huge huge card that wins game at times, but then again they lost ONE card only. It was meant to prevent who would want to still play pure e drags to not playing pure e drags. This ban is basically hate for pure e drag. (well, it was also part of the mind augus ftk, but it just made it faster, when the loss was inevitable, it made it less painfull, as less long to endure) Which I understand, but they already got hit really badly, why killing this card, that was usefull on other decks (fabled will never come back :/ ). Oh well.

Shock master now. At first I didn't like that ban at all. But I sat there and thought about it again, and it is actually pretty good. It was the kind of cards that i hate. A ONE card stun stuff. Some decks can't have any without either spells/monster's eff. Like litterally you could have had three free turns, which was usually gamefor a good player. I don't like easy stun stuff. Yes, it required three monsters, but honestly, was it that hard to pull off ? One time I even got three shock master on one turn (ultimate offering gadgets op Razz), it shouldn't even have been possible. I'm actually glad it has been hit. You complain about set five aginst no heavy ? Try shock master and set five even with heavy.

So now heavy storm, mineswell right ? I really couldn't care much. You are all fearing set five, pass turn ? Setting five is bad, unless your deck is suppose to do that (traptrix -i tate this new name O_O- infernities, burn, t.g. stun...). Royal decree is a thing. Trap stun is a thing. MST is a thing (i always run 2-3 anyways). Lance is a thing. Even malevolent catastrophe if you really hate backrow. And most decks have their way to pop backrow/negate backrow. It could have been really bad, but didn't they hit the staple backrows as well ? With bottomless at one, compulse at one, torrential tribute at one, mirror force d prsion at two, it won't really be a heay trap format. A slower one sure, but not a stun hard one. And isn't a slower one something we all wanted ? Honestly I like heavy gone. Every deck will have one more room for combo peaces, withtout feraing to go minus two sometimes and let your opponent otk you because he luckily drew heavy. Even more room for who played starlight road which is now irrelevant. Dark hole by itself doesn't justify to run it now. Especially with a bit of backrow support.

Super rejuvenation. Heh, more hate, more hate, why not. But this one i don't really understand. How will you discard that much dragon now ? The babies are gone... Oh well, it wasn't an important card anyway. And it hit some variants of exodia as well, which is always a good thing ^^

Ultimate offering. Hmmm two things. Any decks that revolve around ultimate offering can win duels, but not matches and even less a tournament. Then again, which deck specifically revolves around it ? No one. It was there in case you draw it, but you could always play without it. If it goes thourgh though, in an appropriate deck (gadgets, madolches, even monarchs at some extent -unearthing the monarch + ultimate offering actually wasn't that bad, when pulled off...) it meant gg. So it is a good ban imo. No more sack way too hard (honestly though, three shock master isn't even funny, I shouldn't have, I'm a bad person :< ).

Gateway of the six. I think we all feel the same about this ban : YAAAAAAAAAY ! SHould I say more ?

Pot of avarice. I think that among all the changes, it's the one I hate the most. Sure drawing two was op, but it was a rebound card. Heavy combo decks could recycle abit thanks to avarice. Or if you face a sacky deck that for instance ruined your hand, or when you lost too much ressources on a ladd, it was a rebound card, it was a ray of hope. It was the definition of the destiny draw, it was the spirit of yugioh. Now some decks will have a big big push, but will not be able to recycly (onely once, it wasn't that huge), so it they lose the advantage they created, they wouldn't have anymore hope. As their monsters would be in the graven like a fish deck, inzektors... (even though, usually, while you can stop fishes -not that easily when they go off- inzektors is always gg when they go off, no need ofr rebound Razz) But you get my point. I'm really dispointed with avarice's ban.

II. The limited ones (other than the harpie dancer ftk core ones)

Thunder King Rai-oh. This is stupid to hit. Why ever hitting anti-meta ? It was a very good card, but not a limited worthy one. Even at two I didn't really undersand, but at one... Actually I know why. But I still find that stupid (it is to promote fire fist and bujin, I understand that point, but still, and then, why making a card like mistake ?).

Dewloren, Deep Sea Diva, Atlantean Dragoons. Plane and simple. Mermail hate. They usually played only one dewloren though, but seep sea diva and dragoons are pretty huge. It won't stop them from being tier 1 though, so i think they are good hit, they could have dominate too much else. It will be a slow tier 1, so slowing down what would have been a fast tier 1 is good imo.

Fire fist spirit. Well 3-axis fire fists are dead. Litterally. banning it or limiting it is the same, no more recycling plays, with a three turns combo cycle, with litterally the same play three times. I hated that, no originality, I am glad it has been hit. 4-axis fire fist are still there though, even with tenki at two. Which I am goind to talk about later on this post anyway.

Mind Augus. It was part of a deck out ftk. Mind augus when summoned put five cards from any grave yard back to the deck. You played three cup of ace. If you draw, good, if the opponent draw, perfect. Three hand destruction, the one card destruction. Basically you draw all your deck, while your opponent draw a bit less. But then when you have 1-2-0 cards left, summon Mind Augus, put those cup of aces and hand destruction back, and mind augus back to hand (overlay with ptolemy or any rank 6 that can detach right away, use gishki aquamirror eff - which puts one more card in the main for you to not deck out), and keep going in corlce, as you will draw that aquamirror, summon it back after get to 0 cards again, put five back, and let your opponent draw all its deck. (When he had 20 or more cards, use card destruction, he loses, or keep going, but it is more long,more painful, more sadistic, right Luna Razz). It a painful and long ftk to face, so yeah, glad it's been hit.

Constellar Ptolemy. Messier M7. It wasn't broken in constellars. It was broken in hieratics, or ANY light/rank 5/6 deck (constellars included, with one cparticualr build). You couls either ruin your opponent's hand of otk them. Stoic challenge is a card now. Still not very well known, but that otk pretty easily (especially in bujins...). Any light deck could go for omega, overlay ptolemy, in order to overlay for gaia dragon charger. Then equip with stoic challenge, you have a 5000 beater that inflict piercing and double the damge it deals. From there the game was easy to win. With only a bit of set up it was otk. Hnders did that easily. Constellars as well. The more consistent deck is bujin garden, as they basically have three different ways to otk you...(in second turn, pretty consistently, and it hasn't been hit, not really - tenki, that's all, and it is still at two). So yeah, it opnend nasty combos in many decks. Too bad for constellars, that didn't deserve this hit, but other decks playing ptolemy needed the hit. Constellars pay for a needed hit. Sorry Lryu. (it's not the biggest cost ver, but still, free draw with constellar chart, free 2700 beater, and "recycling" useless xyz monsters without materials left).

Dimensional fissure, macro cosmos. I wasn't expecting that. Well, macro decks are dead :/ It was a pain to face, but it was the answer against some meta decks. Again why ever hitting -"fair"- anti-meta ? Oh well, at the same time, I did hate facing it. It's to promote the new decks, that somehow need the grave (bujins ?). The enitre banlist is there to promote the "new decks", but we will get to that later.

Gold sarcophagus. This was the ont hit too much for e drags. It was useful in any decks. There was enough hate for the dragons. (a quick joke : why didn't they simply sent the e drgas to the shadow realm ? Becasue they could search more stuff and be annoying as they are. Don't banish a dragin ruler O_O Wink). This one is the one that shouldn't have happened.

Royal tribute. Same thing that with gateway, right ? YAAAAAAAY ! Very Happy

Rescue Rabbit. Why even ? It was perfect at two. And macro rabbit already lost macro anyway. It added consistency in some older decks, this one isn't very fair imo.

Bottomless/Compulse/Torrential. Well, those hit were kinda needed, with heavy gone. The format would have been painful otherwise. I'm especially glad about bottomless to one. I hate getting bottomlessed O_O

Soul drain. Finally some "love" for e drags. They were apparently so sorry for hitting them that hard, that they made this one nice move, to prevent them from being utterly dead. Too bad pure e drags are still dead (jk, it's perfect Very Happy- well, draggy plants is still a thing...). It is kinda meaningless, but oh well.

Eradicator epidemic virus. Why hitting eev ? Because prophecy, even though they are still good, lost their precious borken card that made them tier 0. Now they are a fair tier 1.5 imo. Also eev was a broken card anyway. And with Crazy box being a thing now, most decks had acces to an easy eev. Too easy. Hit justified :<

III. The semi-limited ones.

Dimesionnal prison. Honestly who played three ? I always played 1-2, when I was ever playing it. It is a symbolic hit, as well, as a preventive move, with the other staple trap hit and heavy gone. It doesn't bother anyone i think.

T.G. Striker. I don't even understand why it is one tha banlist anyway. Sure it is a free tuner, but only if you don't have anything. And while tg stun is a good deck, especially in a slower format, tg striker isn't what maked it good. Oh well, at least two is ok. One was really a big big joke.

Fire formation - tenki. Well, it hits bujins and fire fist (even fire king). But it couldn't hit them less. 4-axis fire fist will just play firefist cardinal, that recycle fire formation cards while having a madolche tiaramisu effect (sending two cards on the opponent side of the field back to deck O_O). They will recycle tenki, don't worry. Pot of benevolence is also a thing, just in case. And as fire fist recruit easily their s/t, in the end it doesn't really hurt theM Fire kings didn't really need it, it was just a "oh cool i drew it", it added consistency, but they don't really lose some with tenki at two (i actually was playing only two anyway in my build for instance). Bujins will have a tiny bit less consistent first turn yamato. Oh well, it will still be tier 1. They are the most "hurt" by tenki at two though.

Mezuki/Plaguespreader zombie. Zombies will actually be good. They already weren't bad at all, even though not popualr, with blu-blooded oni that let you spam the ifled (it even had an otk, as long as the opponent had no monsters). Mezuki helps a lot. It will be at least tier 2 i think. At least tier 2 level, I don't know how populat it will be. Plaguespreader doesn't actully boos zombies imo. It however boosts another deck, but I will talk about it int the mali "section" a bit down below.

IV. The ones that are back !

E call, a hero lives, I already said it, it's becasue they are sorry to ban stratos (why banning stratos then...).

Hieratic seal of convocation. I'm glad it's back. Hieractics are good, but not tier 1 level though. I understood why it was at two, but I'm glad it is back at three. It's also a "sorry for Ophion" move. Why not hitting Ophion then ?

The agent of mystery - Earth. It should have come back at three like 15 formats ago... Better late than never I guess.

Black whirlwind. Blackwings are back and at a good level. Heavy gone ? Icarus attack and anti-reverse delta crow say hi. Triple kalut, triple whirlwind, konami always loved blackwings. Watch out for them, they are pretty popular.

And finally the infamous Destiny hero Malicious, aka mali. This one was a bit like reborn tengu. Not very good at two but broken at three. It didn't deserve to be at two only, but it needed to not be at three. The destiny draw engine got boosted. Tele dad got boosted. Chaos hieratic got boosted. Two decks that will be hard to face (not unfair hard, but pretty huge still).
With mali at three and plaguespreader at two, tele dad is back, not full power, but back. First turn lavalval, top deck dad next turn. Turn two you consistenlty have answers to your opponent field, and usually even two level 8 synchro and always dad. You would either go for stardust+Blader or Jewel Stardust+Scrap (free pop and protecting dad). The second one destroy at least 4 cards (usually more) in one turn, with monsters with high enough attack to otk a blank field. Yes, it is good and op.
Chaos hieratic with mali at three ? Draw consistently, and easy rank 6, easier than ever ? You will have to count on it.
Actually both these decks aren't that popular, as either old deck or non well known one, but hey are good, like really good.
They straigt up lose to evilswarm everytime though.

V. The format overall, why this one ?

So this banlist aim to a slower format, even with the staple traps getting hit, konami did a pretty good job at that. Why ? Becasue the better new deck is bujin. It actually quite expensive, and popular. Konami need money. It is a simple. Bujins will be tier 1. They were already good in last format, sometimes topping against e drags. In this slower format, it will be even better, even with tenki at two. Fire fists, even though they seem fast, arenot that fast when it come to monster spamming. It is the other tier 1 that konami wants to promote, the "budget" one of this format. They needed both kind of tier 1, they promote them. It results in a banlist that I actually really like. It closer to my playstyle I feel like. Still a bit "mad" at avarice and birdman, but oh well.

VI. Two more things (something that should have been hit, and has konami been carful enough for their precious bujins ?)

Now, two things. They hit unfair stun cards. They forgot a huge one. Ophion. They bring back stuff like hieratic onvo, mali, they made new synchros, gorz is back at two in ocg, yet, no hate for ophion. It should be at one. Even at one, it kills stuff like synchro/hieratic/teledad/Agents (earth at three, yeah ophion says hi...). One card stun is unfair. And unlike shock master, ophion doesn't even require three monsters, is super dupper consistent and protect itself with this own lance, that he recruits himself... All fair and unfair anti-meta stuff have been hit, but ophion. Some decks will keep losing to ophion, WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY TO EVEN MAKE ONE ONLY MOVE. How is that fair ? It isn't. Konami, why you love evilswarm ? Sad

Second thing. So much love for Bujins. The entire banlist is made for them to shine. It is consistent, explosive at times, has a very good defensive stand, have their own reborn, that can bring back even an xyz monster +ANOTHER ONE, no restriction for it, you don't have to xyz with themm if you don't want to, or if you want a third one for a 3 monsters xyz. Bujincarnation, is so much better than even heraldry reborn. So much love. Everybody recognize their strenght. I actually love playing them. I have like three different build actually Razz. But is is so easy to side against...
I will give you the one card that kills them : Zombie world. No more beast warriors, no more support, no more good defensive stand, just one big word for the bujin player : LOSS. Prepare to main three msy of you want to play them. Zombie is not even the one card that hurt bujins, but I can't tell you evrything ;)But yeah, and with zombies getting a boost... I'm pretty sure konami didn't see that coming. Then again, zombies are never unpopular, but never so popular as well. The future will tell us, if zombie world will get hit ^^ (zombie world also let you play book of like to reborn ANY of your monsters, or zombie monster for the same result. Yes. You can reborn BLS with of your three book of life if you have zombie world, while killing a tier 1 deck).

VII. "Postface" :]

So yeah, I think I will write a further post, about which cards could be good replacement for the lost staples, how worth they are in the main, which decks will be at least tier 2 level, all that good stuff ^^ I also mentionned a second post apart the harpie dancer ftk, that i planned and talk about to lryu. This one is a surprise :PIt's my big project O_O Oh well, if you read all that, thanks a lot, if you didn't, oh well, at least Lryu did (I think :<) Razz
Wy, back in action Very Happy

Last edited by Wynaughtify (KFC) on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fox(Kemonomimi)

fox(Kemonomimi)

Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:12 am

konami is trying to make the game slower this format most of the bans are trying to stop the game from finishing in like 3 turns (still deck that can do that but its much harder to pull off now) im glad bout most of the stuff cept stratos and and judgement
Back to top Go down
fox(Kemonomimi)

fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:15 am

btw i think draguinties will rule this format
Back to top Go down
Wynaughtify (KFC)

Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 pm

They won't be able to.
Don't get me wrong, they are good, and with Mystletainn,less weak to veiler, and he is recruitable with tempest. They have awesome combo with both level 6/rank 6 or level 8 syynchro monsters, they can be explosive, they aren't situationnal, they are a reactive deck, with heavy combo anyways.
BUT. But Evilswarm is a thing. If dragunities end up ruling the format indeed, evilswarm will become more popular, and dragunities don't stand a chance against them. Any deck that will become potential tier 1 or 2 level but revolve around level 5 or higher monsters - either in the main or in the extra (tele dad and hieratic/chaos destiny hieratic) won't be able to rule the format ever, until Ophion gets hit. That's why Ophion isn't fair.He doesn't take any skill, and shuts some deck completely down. You wouldn't even be able to make one move with the three mentionned deck against Ophion. They are good, dragunities are between tier 1and 2 level, but one unfortunate word : Evilswarms.
Back to top Go down
Mr-Edge777

Mr-Edge777

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm

evilswarms was and still is the best, and with e-drags gone no deck can compete with it.
Back to top Go down
http://ddimensionacademy.forumotion.com/
Mr-Edge777

Mr-Edge777

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

NOOO RESCUE RABBIT T^T
Back to top Go down
fox(Kemonomimi)

fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:43 am

meh e-swarms arent a huge issue imo i do agree with them hitting draguinities but they will lose out to firefist and bujins wich will be the 2 most popular picks imo but i see draguinities topping ycs at least top 16 since they didnt get hit at all xD
Back to top Go down
Wynaughtify (KFC)

Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am

Yeah they are good, but if they were to become too huge in this format, evilswarms will become the most popular deck and say "heh,what do you think you are doing ?". But as long as they don't, and if evilswarms don't become too popular, yeah they can.
And yup, Bujin and Fire fist will be the tier 1, but don't forget mermails either, they will be huge. And with such format, what's awesome is that tier 1 will not be as dominant, and there could be quite a few tier 1, and tier 25 won't be ashamed/powerless against them.
Back to top Go down
fox(Kemonomimi)

fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:46 pm

mermails lost dragoons so ppl will be timid to play along with losing avarice wich many mermail players use
Back to top Go down
fox(Kemonomimi)

fox(Kemonomimi)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:46 pm

but then again macro isnt not a thing any more so... idk
Back to top Go down
! ! ! Mana

! ! ! Mana

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:44 am

I'm still sticking with Macro Monarchs, and Psi-Gustos, the limit on the remove from play cards doesn't bother me, i'll just use a substitue like Banisher of the Radiance, it'll still work perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Wynaughtify (KFC)

Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Yeah, but no. Not really. Way too inconcsistent situationnal and slow. You need your monster to be banished in order to tribute them. To tribute them for a normal summon. For a monarch. That's how they work. Oh wait, you wasted your normal summon on banisher (provided you even draw it). It won't be able to stay on the field long enough, to let you have the monarchs plays. Cuz once survivor and the ufo are in the grave, you better draw soul release, but even then, the opponent would just kill them, and you wouldn't have tribute fodder, as they won't get banish to return on your turn. No matter how you do it, macro-monarchs are dead. Especially now that most people will main 2-3 mst, your only macro and d fissure will die. It's sad, but they're dead :<
But gustos are cool ^^

Last edited by Wynaughtify (KFC) on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
! ! ! Mana

! ! ! Mana

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I don't think Macro-Monarchs will be completely dead, I mean I run them in real life and they been doing great for me so far. Even though I only have 1 D-Fiisure and 1 Macro, Banisher is still quite helpful, I pushed over Harpies, Fire Fist and Mecha Phantom Beast so far with the new changes. But it's still in testing to get more improvement, like always.

Also, yes, Gustos are cool. <3
Back to top Go down
Mr-Edge777

Mr-Edge777

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:26 am

kfc is awesome XD nobody writes topics like him
Back to top Go down
Wynaughtify (KFC)

Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

Ah thanks, that makes it worth it ^^
I also have another project. It might not interests people, but it interests me, so yeah.
I hope it will work as well. Maybe this week, or the one after.
Also nobody asked for a deck profile yet. If nobody does, I might do a deck list with basics combo of any random deck, probably mecha pb. (mecha phantom beast is too long and I am lazy, so I say mecha pb. You could ask "Why do you write it anyway then ? Good question :<)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] )   Is there anything you would be interested in ? +rant about the tcg banlist (read my thoughts on the format :] ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1